We walked, and walked and walked! Man, we have done a months exercise in a day (yeah, yeah I know) ! We talked, we marvelled, and began contemplating our own lives. We feel privileged to have been given this opportunity and to walk where an ancient civilisation once worshipped.
The day prompted many questions/thoughts:
- Shit - where did all the rock come from?
- The amazing skills of the builders
- How many more temples are out there still to be discovered?
- How many steps are there?
- How did they have the organisational skills to manage a project of that size with such accuracy in those times? (? Aliens)
- I want to be able to go back in time and be a "fly on the wall" and fly over the temples as they are being built so I can see how they took shape
- What are the stories behind the carvings?
- Did we mention the steps? (Feel the burn)
No comments:
Post a Comment